Acer Service Centre installed low quality RAM.

C63_XeroCore
C63_XeroCore Member Posts: 2 New User

I am from India and own a Acer Aspire Timeline X 5830TG.

Yesterday i asked my Service Centre to upgrade the RAM by adding another 4GB.

The manufacturer's RAM they added were "NANYA TECHNOLOGY" , I havnt even heard of this.

Not to say they charged me 4000Rs, (around 65$).
 I just find out today.

Should i file a Complaint, please guide me what to do in this case.

Or is there something i can do or not ?

Service Center : Dhan Complex, Hazratganj, Lko (Near Sri Ram Towers)

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I have heard of Nanya RAM. It is a very good RAM manufacturer.

I would rather have it than several other manufacturers I will not name (as it's not fair).

If your computer boots and works I don't see the problem. 

No one has done anything wrong.  You asked for 4GB RAM, and that is what you got ?

• C63_XeroCore
    C63_XeroCore Member Posts: 2 New User

My computer will boot and run just fine in both the cases because i dont know what i am missing.

How can i compare my performance with previously 3GB ram to now 2GB+4GBNanya ram ?

Also the representatives from the Acer service centre dodged the question when i was inquriring about the Company of RAM they will be fitting in. If they were so confident about the company why not just tell it when asked.

I know there will be noting done here, but i still want people to know what has happend here and be vary next time.

• GGsAcer
    GGsAcer Member Posts: 19 New User

If you wanted to, you could have looked up your laptop's RAM specifications, gone out, bought and installed "Quality" RAM yourself.

"Quality" Kingston 4 gig RAM is only $50. Let's just say, that $15 extra is the service fee

This discussion has been closed.