Acer S3 951 (Win 7) not connecting to network/wireless internet automatically.

Heather
Heather Member Posts: 3 New User

My S3 recognises that there is a network but does not connect automatically (so much for online in 2.5 seconds!). I have to manually connect it everytime even though it is set to automatically connect. I have updated the driver. I am on windows 7. Are there any fixes for this? 

Thanks

Heather

Answers

• alicepattinson
    alicepattinson Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter

Does the network have any passwords?

• Dennisv
    Dennisv Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Heather, This seems to be a common problem. There are many people trying to seek a solution and most seem to fail. I have laready tried downloading new drivers. Some of the other "solutions" require you to be some kind of programming expert.

I spent hours in 2 hotels arguing with the staff about thier "poor internet connections" I have now discovered that my Wifi will not work in the Sitting room of my appartmant but it will work in my office, 2o ft away where my  modem is located.

I would suggest that this is a product fault and I would be very happy if Acer would supply an easy fix solution. Apart from this problem the product is great but how would you honestly recomend it to a friend?

• Heather

The network password is saved. 

• Heather

I suppose its a first world problem where I am complaining about having to make a few extra clicks, its just that its not doing what it is advertised as doing. Maybe this needs to be raised to a consumer group as false advertising to make them create a fix.

Acer Admin - is this what we need to do to get you to make your product do as it is advertised to do?

This discussion has been closed.