2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
lordgoksel

Acer Liquid Z2 model z120, single sim soft brick/bootloop, questions

Hello Acer

I recently bought a smartphone, the acer liquid z2. Unfortunate to say that it's not even a month old and I already encountered a nasty problem namely a soft-brick aka stuck on bootloop. This is a perfect showcase of poorly/faulty coded hardware and it is absolutely not the users fault and looking at the forum I'm not the only one whos facing this problem so anyway. I have experience with electronics so I'd like to ask a few questions in regards to the warranty void.

If I unbrick the phone through fastboot on my own would this void the warranty? If no, I will do it myself but otherwise, I will bring it in for repairs from where I bought it. I have already reset it to it's factory settings through the powerup button+volume up technique but that hasn't resolved anything.

If unbricking/root accesing my phone to reinstall the rom (or a custom rom) does not void my warranty I would like to know what tools support the acer smartphones, it would save me alot of research time, but if I'm putting my handsomely generous 2 year warrantly on the line, I am not going to touch it and just bring it in for repairs.

Thanks in andvance

The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: