This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
UnhappyCustomer

Acer Iconia tablet with mind of its own

I bought an Acer Inconia a500 Table about a year ago this past Demeber. Sometime this past summer it started to have a mind of its own. It got progressively worse to a point where it clicks what and when it wants, icons move by themselves and it will freeze up and has to continually be shut down. It is essentially useless. I went to Best Buy and asked them what I could do. They told me there was nothing. It was junk and I should buy a new one! So through the holidays I just put it aside. Now about a week ago I went to another Best Buy and they thought they could help with a factory reset. They said they would make sure I got the programs I had on it, back after the reset.

THE RESULT: They reset it, it continued to act up, they didn't load anything back on it and told me I should buy something new. Acer doesn't seem to have any way to contact them.

My question: Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this or someone that can or a GOOD contact at Acer or Best Buy so I can get some satisfaction OR is this just a $400-$500 lesson to stay away from Acer and Best Buy. Thx 

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: Acer Iconia tablet with mind of its own

I have sent you a private message to try to assist you with this issue. Please reply to the questions I asked, so we can better assist you.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Visitor
kricket1214

Can you help me with this also? I am having the same problem and have also tried the factory reset. I have the Iconia A100

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

If the factory reset did not resolve the issue, I would recommend you contact Acer support for your region to inquire about setting your unit up for service.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: