This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
stuart2945

Acer HD Crystal Eye Windows 7 Driver

Hello! I have an Acer Aspire 5930G notebook! I had upgraded from Windows Vista Home Prem to Windows 7 Home Prem 32bit when Win 7 were released! Everything worked flawlessly but for webcam! Webcam never worked in WIndows 7, though it's recognised! Can you send me a link with the appropriate driver that will solve that problem once and forever?

My webcam's vendor is Suyin and every driver I have tried doesn't seem to work!
Please help me!

Thanks in advance,

Teo

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Acer HD Crystal Eye Windows 7 Driver

Please read this in our knowledge base:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Community-KB/Where-can-I-find-information-about-my-Acer-Product/ta-p/37...

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
stuart2945

[ Edited ]

I have searched the community but i didn't find anything familiar with my problem! The problem is that my laptop Aspire 5930G supports Windows 7, but there is not a webcamera driver to download fow Windows 7. There is only for Windows Vista and it doesn't work! Is there a driver that will work? I searched the internet, each and every forum-site, and it seems to be a common problem.

I visited the link you sent me! I downloaded the Acer Update program, but all programs and drivers are up to date! -_-

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

The drivers on our website are the drivers we have available.

Windows 7 was released in October of 2009.  

At this point, there are no additional drivers for Windows 7. 

Have you attempted to install the camera application that it listed under Vista?

It is on the Application tab, not drivers.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
stuart2945

I have tried to install the Camera application for Windows Vista, but it didn't work! Actually after the application is installed, it wont even open! :/

Visitor
helen1

Hello,

I have an ACER Aspire 5930, through which I want to video record, but I don't have the software to do so.

Is it necessary to have software in order to videorecord offline? If yes, where do I obtain the software?

Thanks,

Helen

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: