Acer C720: Still SATA II, in 2014??

Videomarquantoè
Videomarquantoè Member Posts: 26 New User

The device C720 was launched in November 2013.
C720 is technically brand new . The notebook 's newest all ... the latest chromebook available!
The data channel SATA III (6 Gigabits ) was launched in March 2009 and is now an ultra mature and saturated, in the sense that modern SSDs are faster than SATA III can handle.
For what reason , technical and engineering , Acer C720 presents us with a downgrade , or with SATA II ( 3 Gigabits ) system launched in 2005? Why go out with an old system of 8 years ( in the electronics / computer are a geological era ) ? Today, if I try to buy a qualsiasis SSD , SATA III I find products that far exceed the maximum value managed by the channel SATA III , let alone that unnecessary waste , ending up with a notebook brand , brand new , but mortified and castrated from SATA II channel, working to less than half of the potential of our modern SSD !
If you combine this desire to castrate the data channel, with the policy of the ram modules soldered and not upgradeable,  you get the politics and philosophy that is behind this product and this project.I'd love to read the opinions " courageous " ,instead of the usual silence; Acer what's your opinion? Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.