Acer Aspire V5-571P-6400 video driver issues

Options
KENNYP
KENNYP Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a customer's laptop it is an Acer Aspire V5-571P-6400.

It had Windows 8 and the customer hated it.

We formatted it (deleted recovery partition too) and installed Windows 7. I installed all drivers and when the standard VGA driver is replaced with the Intel Graphics 3000 driver the video gets very blurry on the screen. When I say blurry, I mean there are lines and the picture is mirrored twice, I will attach a pic.

If I go in device manager and uninstall driver and switch it back to standard VGA, the blurriness goes away but the screen is not as crisp as it should be (needs driver).

I went on Acer's site and downloaded the latest Intel graphics driver from them (even though it's only listed for Windows 8 not 7) and it does not fix the issue. I went on Intel's website and scanned for latest drivers and the latest one there does not fix the issue either.

Windows update installed another Intel driver, that one causes the problem as well.

I'm stumped... so I installed Windows 8 with my USB key and now the Windows 8 built in driver has same issue and even with driver updates the screen is barely readable!! So now I can't even give it back to my customer and say I can't do it, it's worse then when they brought it in!

The BIOS and Windows loading screen shows properly, it's once it's in Windows the problem occurs (driver-related).

Answers

• Mr_Helper
    Mr_Helper Member Posts: 129 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi,

First, its normal to experience this issue with windows 7 because there isn't drivers for this OS in this case .

Second, for you issue after reinstall of windows 8, try drivers in the link below

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

If they don't help you We would suggest contacting technical support in your region to get a system recovery CD
    Acer Service and Support

• KENNYP
    KENNYP Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I reinstalled Windows 8 though (factory OS) and installed every set of driver I could find (including the ones from the Acer site) with no luck.

• SilentSimon
    SilentSimon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Got exacly the same problem. Any thoughts?

• javsid
    javsid Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am also the same issue. I own a Acer Aspire V5 - 471p. I tried installing windows 7,  64bit.. and the display went messy with all lines and blurry screen.  I tried installing every possible driver from acer website aswell as from intel graphics, but with not luck.

I installed windows 8  64bit again,  but then the same problem.. i have the same blurry liny screen on the main display screen. im very frustrated with it... how to resolve this issue. please help.  I want to install drivers on windows 7.. please help

• silverh20
    silverh20 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I got Win 7 64 bit working without display issues by keeping the Standard VGA Adapter. I uninstalled the Intel VGA adapter from Device Manager, rebooted, and when Windows Update suggested some updates, I checked for the Intel Graphics and found it listed as an update and right clicked it and hid it. After setting my resolution to the correct resolution, I've been able to reboot and things look great. So the trick is, don't install any video drivers, use the generic.

I registered just to post this because I couldn't find a solution anywhere, hope this helps someone.

• AlagLhynn
    AlagLhynn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

This problem occurs when ur trying to upgrade or downgrade your system... Since it is pre installed with W-8 single language from acer.. try to use your recovery disk image.... this issues relates with UEFI security..  You can fix this problem by reinstalling using Original W-8 OS... 

• SilentSimon
    SilentSimon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The problem is, that the recovery partition is deleted too, so i cant reintall anything.

And the drivers from the Acer website or no good either (see above posts)

This discussion has been closed.