Acer Aspire V5-122p Blinking Battery Light

RuneDragon
RuneDragon Member Posts: 1 New User

I accidentally discharged my netbook yesterday. I plugged it in and when I turned it on, the battery light keeps blinking and the battery icon showed two batteries as opposed to one (Battery #1 at 19% and Battery #2 at 0%). I've never used any other battery besides the one that's already in the laptop. Then after charging for a bit, Battery #2 became 'Not present'. Now I've poked around in Google for some answers but it doesn't seem to help because:

1) Most answers tell of the laptop/netbook not charging. This is not true in my case because I've left the netbook charging all night and I actually woke up to the light being blue and not flashing, so I thought the problem was resolved. However it reverted back to blinking and orange when I turned the netbook on, and now I can't turn the netbook on without it being plugged in.

2) Others say to remove the battery and hold down the power button for a static discharge. I have no clue how to do this because I've no idea how to remove the battery in an Acer Aspire v5-122p. I searched Google for this, no answer turned up. (I owned an Aspire One before and it's easy enough to slide the battery out, but this time it seems that I'll need a screwdriver to completely take off the bottom portion? Any way I can remove the battery from this thing?)

Answers

• CherryPearl23
    CherryPearl23 Member Posts: 5 New User

There is a battery reset button on the bottom of the notebook.  You have to use a paperclip to stick it in that little hole.  It's on the bottom by the side where the SD slot is.  Look for a tiny icon that looks like a tiny battery is sliding in a slot.  I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.