2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
luis209

Acer Aspire V3 551 - won't start up after windows update

My recently purchased laptop seems to be having issues starting up.

A automatic update recently run and apon restart the PC would come up with the message :smileyhappy: Sorry your PC ran into a problem it couldn't handle and needs to restart and then tries to boot up again with no success.

I have a recovery USB which I tried to use by going into the BIOS and moving the USB to first on the boot options. This resulted in the start up to just crach.

I then tried to refresh/restore windows 8 by enabling F12 options on start up and trying to get to the windows recovery screen, this did not work.

The best I got was by enabling legacy BIOS which then got me to the recovery screen but once I selected refresh, it brings up an error message stating that my harddrive is locked, please unlock and try again.

Another thing to note is that I created my recovery drive on a non acer windows 8 computer.

What are my options?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: