Acer Aspire R series specs needed on stylus, WiDi, models

kurtd
kurtd Member Posts: 1 New User

Stylus:  Is the Aspire R aware of the applied pressure (such as 1024 or 2048 levels) for use by artistic applications?  What is the resolution? This is gold for artists and deisgners.

WiDi:  Does it support Intel Wireless Display (WiDi)?  I looked on the Intel requirements linked below, but the spec doesn't list the wireless chip at this time, unless it's part of the Intel HM77 chipset, which Intel does say supports WiDi, as shown in the link below.  Also, a rep from another convertible manufacturer said the laptop itself has to support it.  You'd think it would support WiDi, given the Intel HM77 chipset and 3rd gen Intel core i5 processor, but I'm not sure if the motherboard connections support it.  WiDi seems valuable for people who want to empower their living room TV with a computer, but also allow that same computer to be mobile and therfore more versative and multi-purpose.  I want to hook it up to a Netgear NeoTV Max NTV300SL on the HDMI input of my HDTV, which should allow a WiDi capable convertible to mirror or extend the screen, but also works like a Roku or Apple TV.  If I have to install WiDi drivers, that's OK, as long as it works.  Some means of seeing the screen wirelessly is probably a requirement for me.  It's already got the backlit keyboard.  It's primed for the task.  If not through WiDi, tell me how I can make it happen, please.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/iwd/sb/cs-031059.htm

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/performance-chipsets/mobile-chipset-hm77.html

The specs are hard to find on the web site today.  I can only find it from the link I made yesterday:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NX.M9UAA.002

The spec I saw above for the Aspire R7-571-6858 was for a 3rd Generation Core i5, 6GB RAM, and it said 24 GB SSD.   I would like to have the option to get one with a 4th generation core i7 with high Ghz, a good nVidea GeForce mobile GPU (such as the GeForce GT 440 M or better if possible, like the GT750M) or a good Radeon GPU, 8GB RAM and 256GB or 512GB SSD.  If I can't get that, one of the i7 processors with IRIS Pro graphics would be the next best thing.  If I have to have an Intel HD 4600 graphics processor, I can live with that since it's a convertible and the IRIS isn't available yet.  But I heard from an Intel rep that the core i7 offers better graphics performance than the core i5, which would seem more important if using the Intel HD 4000 GPU.  It would be great if configuration options existed.

I really like the 15.6" display, and it's a big selling point.  But I want performance too.  If I can get the above performance specs (excepting the non-Intel graphics card) in an 11.6" convertible, it seems like I should be able to in a 15.6" convertible, if the battery will hold up.

Also, the spec says SD card.  Does it support micro SDHC?  SDXC?  My Galaxy S3 phone has SDHC.

When can I get it?  I read May 21, and I heard June.  Best Buy only?  The Acer web page got stuck when I clicked on where to buy.

PS, I'm ready to buy one if I can get it with the right specs.

This discussion has been closed.