This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
AliMac16

Acer Aspire E1-571 Wireless problems

I have fairly recently bought an Acer Aspire E1-571 laptop, however since I have had it, the wireless signal has been rediculously poor. I have two routers in my house and am able to detect both of them, however the signal is so low that I am completely unable to actually connect unless I am within about 5-6 feet of the router.

Every other laptop in the house connects fine, including my brothers V5-571, which uses the exact same wireless card as mine (Broadcom 802.11n).

I have tried updating the driver software, no change. I have played with the settings a good bit and nothing made any difference. 

I don't really want to have to return the laptop, (I'd probably be better off buying a new card than a more advanced laptop for all I need it for :smileytongue:)

Any ideas on why my particular laptop has such a bad signal when the same adapter works on my brothers laptop, and any suggestions on how I may fix it?

Regular Visitor
AliMac16

Re: Acer Aspire E1-571 Wireless problems

UPDATE: Managed to fix the problem, turned out the antenna wasn't connected properly to the wireless chip. Once I reconnected it, the wireless started working fine.

I did, however, notice that there is only ONE antenna present, where I was led to belive there should be two. Every image I have seen shows a black and a white antenna, but my laptop only has the black one.

Is this likely to cause a problem? The wireless appears to be working fine now, but will my range/speed be limited with only one antenna?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: