Acer Aspire E1-571 Recovery Drive problem please help?

zuhaib
zuhaib Member Posts: 2 New User

I have bought Acer Aspire E1-571 the shop from which i have purchased he said it is with windows 8 and in the back of the laptop a windows 8 logo is attached also. But when i started laptop and checked there is no recovery drive so if my windows corrupted or some thing happend how would i install again? 

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Hi Zuhaib!

The recovery partition is hidden. It is not normally visible from COMPUTER. If you go to disk management (right click Computer>Manage>disk management) you will see the recovery partition there.

When you're ready to reinstall Windows, press alt & F10 when you see the Acer logo when starting.
  • zuhaib
    zuhaib Member Posts: 2 New User

thanks for the info

• willemm
    willemm Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi zuhaib

There's often a lot of confusion about these recovery files. Sometimes they are on a 'hidden partition' and sometimes on a D drive. There is one way to recognise whether you have Acer's recovery files by their name. The folder containing them should be called erUBK Folder.

One way to check this is to press the Windows logo key (bottom left of keyboard) and letter E simultaneously. This should show you your system disk or disks. If you have a D drive or a separate partition with letter D, click on this and look for this folder. You can click on it to find within a folder called Images,  click on this you should see a list of images from erUBK.001 up to erUBK.nnn according to how many images there are. I have 45.

Don't look any further. You will have confirmed that your system has an Acer backup system that can be used as described by finlux. These erUBK backup folders are not to be confused with any other form of backup as they are unique to Acer PCs.

Bear in mind that these backups are full copies of system and data AS AT THE DATE MADE so you need to carry out backups of your own if you wan't to recover an up to date copy of your full system and data.

As an afterthought, I have no experience of Windows 8 so there may be some difference in the way you access your drives, so see if my info works for you.

I hope this helps

ps. I have just looked up the specification for your machine and it does have a restore partition.

This discussion has been closed.