2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
bbbb

Acer Aspire E -- can I upgrade the video card?

Hello,

I have an Acer |Aspire E -- can I upgrade the video card? (I'm looking to improve the gaming performance. I don't expect it to be super-high-end, but want to see how far I can take it...)

If so, which video cards would be compatible?

Thank you

Contributor
wwillemse

Re: Acer Aspire E -- can I upgrade the video card?

Could you give more specific which model you have?

(for notebooks, most likely the answer is "no", but it would sure help to know exactly which model you have to be able to give a more exact answer!)

AJ65

Re: Acer Aspire E -- can I upgrade the video card?

Aspire E is a laptop but what specific model number is it? Like Aspire E1-571-6811. Most likely you have an integrated GPU meaning you can't replace it because it is in the CPU itself. Changing the CPU won't help because you don't have a place in the laptop to place you gpu anyways. You can try upgrades like faster and more RAM or try to overclock your GPU (Warranty may become VOID if the CPU breaks, try at YOUR OWN RISK).Other than that, you can't do much about it. Sorry.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: