This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
BuzLtBeer

Acer Aspire D270-1824

Just purchased the D270-1824, I read that Windows 7 will only handle a maximum of 2 gig's of ram.  If I upgrade to Windows 7 professional or Windows 8 Professional can I install more than 2 gigs of memory in my netbook?

Acer Technician
Acer-Travis

Re: Acer Aspire D270-1824

The AOD270 supports a maximum of 2GB of DDR3 system memory.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Visitor
xenupuppy

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Any 32 bit OS is limited to 2 GB because there is only the single DIMM slot, and the D270 ships with a 32 bit OS. But the D270 has a 64 bit cpu, and it can address as much ram as available address lines allow. Is the 2 GB limit a hardware limit. or is it just a 32 bit OS limit? If the latter, how much ram is the hardware able to see?

New Contributor
alasdair555

The D270 is not fully 64bit as far as I am aware, even if you can run a 64bit OS. In any case the 2GB limit is only a software limit of windows starter, this can be removed, just search google for remove 'windows 7 memory lock'

New Contributor
alasdair555

I now have 4GB in my Acer, with 3GB usable, the 2GB limit is simply within the Windows 7 Starter. This can be disabled, or you could buy a higher version of Windows 7.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: