Acer Aspire 5741 - Connecting to external monitor

Black_Knight
Black_Knight Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi All

Would be grateful for any advice.

I have an Acer Aspire 5741 (333G32Mn).  Although I have had it for a couple of years but it has seen very little use as I use my desktop most of the time.  My desktop is now on its way out and I am thinking of using my Aspire with an external 24" monitor.

As you know, all monitors on sale nowadays are full HD ones with 1920x1080 resolution.  My question is if I buy such a monitor will my Aspire support that native resolution.  The graphic chip of Aspire says it is Intel HD graphics.  The native resolution of the Aspire screen, which is HD and LED is 1366x768.  I am aware the Aspire screen is limited to this but   I don't know whether the graphics chip has enough grunt to produce a full HD resolution on a compatable external screen.

Any advice, suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.  I did e-mail Acer support but they though this was a software issue and gave me preminum number to ring.  O come on !!!!

Thanks...

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

if you can post me the Part number of your unit, also would like as much info as you can provide. (example: HDMI, VGA) the notebook should but with the 24" LCD but you may need to go into the intel control panel and adjust the display. 

• Black_Knight

Hi Joshua 188

Many thanks for your reply.

Its an Acer Aspire 5741.

Part No : 333G32Mn

Intel Core i3 Processor

Intel  HD Graphics

15.6" HD LED LCD

3 GB DDR3 Memory (Although I have upgraded this to 4 GB)

3 USB 2 Ports

1 LAN

1 VGA

1 HDMI

Hope this is enough info.

Regards...

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

are you using the HDMI to the new monitor? if so you should be ok Smiley Happy 

• Black_Knight

Hi

As I stated in my original posting, I have not bought the monitor yet.  I will be using the HDMI port on my laptop.  My question is if I were to buy a full HD monitor, would the laptop be able to display the monitor's native full HD  resolution of 1920x1080 ?

Thanks...

This discussion has been closed.