Acer AC700 won't connect to wifi

Katelee
Katelee Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer AC700 suddenly stopped connecting to any wifi - including all accounts it used to cennect to.  Even our home account. I have tried to repeatedly and it detects the network, tries to connect and fails.  All other computers in the house are fine so it's not the network. I just tried to reset it (cont- alt -shift -r) and this did not work either. It's about a year and a half old. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon

soudns like network card may have problem

call for service with Acer local center

• ct214
    ct214 Member Posts: 2 New User

I don't think it's hardware. I have two chromebooks, and both of them suddenly stopped connecting at the same time. There is some combination of network settings and chrome version that are not playing nice together. If anyone figures it out, let me know.

One of my chromebooks is a Samsung and the other is an Acer C7

• ct214
    ct214 Member Posts: 2 New User

Okay, figured mine out. It was a quick fix. My DHCP settings were only set to assign IP addresses from a range 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.19. We have so many devices that use the WiFi, that we were simply running out of IP addresses to use. I opened up the range, and both Chromebooks lit right up. Duh. Hopefully this post will hep someone else. :-)

This discussion has been closed.