2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

takudlee

ASPIRE M5-481PT Wireless just DOES NOT WORK. Updated everything, I want to return this thing.

After updating all drivers and jumping through numerous hoops, the wireless KEEPS CUTTING OUT. Looking for another solution before I try my best to get a refund on this thing! Any help appreciated...

Visitor
Drahnoel

Re: ASPIRE M5-481PT Wireless just DOES NOT WORK. Updated everything, I want to get it fixed!

I have the same Problem sometimes the WiFi controller just turns off and doesn´t work anymore. I was searching five times to solve this problem  changeing drivers is useless. No support from Acers till now, a friends of mine having the same problem. We have a M5 Ultrabook How is it to solve? Sick having this problem. Before i want to sent it back it always starts to work again. But i need a reliable Ultrabook and I don´t want to change ut what shall i do, if it doesn´t work?

takudlee

Re: ASPIRE M5-481PT Wireless just DOES NOT WORK. Updated everything, I want to get it fixed!

I'd rather get it fixed myself actually. Let's hope Acer throws us a bone

takudlee

Any luck on your end? 

Visitor
msh7

Re: ASPIRE M5-481PT Wireless just DOES NOT WORK. Updated everything, I want to return this thing.

installing the older version of wireless adapter driver worked for me.... bt has another issue - the wireless connection shows limited and i need to disconnect and reconnect to make it working...

Visitor
jivy26

Re: ASPIRE M5-481PT Wireless just DOES NOT WORK. Updated everything, I want to return this thing.

My speeds on speedtest.net are still terrible, but I have improved browsing speeds a bit.

- Disabled bluetooth. Goto Windows Start screen type in bluetooth select settings then Turn Wireless Communications On or Off. Then select Bluetooth off.

- Updated to most recent WiFi drivers and also updated bios to most recent which is from March.

I dont know if it is a placebo affect, but speeds have increased noticeably during browsing.

nelsonwantsafix

Any chance this is a hardware, not software issue?  I'm on my 2nd M5 in a few weeks and I can't get further than 12ft from the router and keep a connection.  At 20ft it disconnects infrequently enough to let Netflix's buffering cover the downtime.    30ft and beyond is hopeless.  I really don't want to keep playing the return game.  Acer, what is going on????  Everything else about this machine seems great.  Help a customer out?

takudlee

It's possible. Although Secondipity, the retailer I bought it from won't honor their 90 day parts warranty, and Acer won't answer my inquiries. New Wifi driver update DOES NOT work for me! I feel the same, "help a customer out." I am stuck with a wifi connection that cuts out several times per hour. 

takudlee

I tried older drivers as well, but none of them work. Also, the newest bluetooth driver now prevents me from accessing my bluetooth device (a samsung stereo) from a desktop interface. Had to roll it back so I could easily connect and disconnect from bluetooth device. Otherwise, I'm sure you've all experience the frustration. 

takudlee

Was your problem slow speeds, or constant cutting out of signal? Most recent drivers didn't help me, infact the newest BT driver nixes accessibility to the BT device through desktop. 

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

It’s time to recognize one of our up and coming leaders on the forums! sathya0403 has earned his Frequent Contributor rank and been steadily increasing his time here. If you've read any of his posts you know he's an asset to all of us. Thanks sathya0403.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: