ACER ASPIRE M3201 RESETTING BIOS TO FACTORY SETTINGS

Lucks
Lucks Member Posts: 2 New User

I need to reset my BIOS back to default factory settings and the only commands I can see in the BIOS setup, which might relate to to this are,  "Load Optimal Defaults" or by pressing F9 for optimized defaults. Can I reset whilst in BIOS and if so are these the correct commands  to use.

Please note that my current BIOS is the original version supplied  at  pc purchase and has not been upgraded.

I assume that resetting the BIOS does not restore my OS , system files , programmes etc etc to factory default.

I have been trying to find a service manual for this pc without much success and would value any assistance in trying to locate one.

Regards

Lucks   

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

You are 100% correct. That is the way to reset your bios. No data will be lost. Service Manuals are only available for Acer Repair Centre and Acer Service Providers only.

Regards,

Freeza

• Lucks
    Lucks Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Freeza

Many thanks. After resetting BIOS  my problem cleared.

Original Problem :My CPU fan went to  a permanent full speed condition despite good CPU temperatures.This problem occurred shortly after the installation of the Speedfan utility and I thought that possibly  BIOS  may have been corrupted. BIOS was still indicating SMART enabled for the CPU fan.

Resetting the BIOS cleared the problem and the SMART configuration is working normally.

I am not saying that Speedfan was the problem, I was only using it in its monitoring mode, however it can also be configured to control fan speed. Uninstalling Speedfan did not clear the problem.

Re motherboard manual. After much web searching I found  some useful information  on  a similar board whose layout is virtually the same as the ACER. The board is  Foxconn Bengal RS780.

Thanks for your help

Lucks 

This discussion has been closed.