2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
Lucks

ACER ASPIRE M3201 RESETTING BIOS TO FACTORY SETTINGS

I need to reset my BIOS back to default factory settings and the only commands I can see in the BIOS setup, which might relate to to this are,  "Load Optimal Defaults" or by pressing F9 for optimized defaults. Can I reset whilst in BIOS and if so are these the correct commands  to use.

Please note that my current BIOS is the original version supplied  at  pc purchase and has not been upgraded.

I assume that resetting the BIOS does not restore my OS , system files , programmes etc etc to factory default.

I have been trying to find a service manual for this pc without much success and would value any assistance in trying to locate one.

Regards

Lucks   

Valued Leader
freeza

Re: ACER ASPIRE M3201 RESETTING BIOS TO FACTORY SETTINGS

Good day

You are 100% correct. That is the way to reset your bios. No data will be lost. Service Manuals are only available for Acer Repair Centre and Acer Service Providers only.

Regards,

Freeza

Regular Visitor
Lucks

Re: ACER ASPIRE M3201 RESETTING BIOS TO FACTORY SETTINGS

Hi Freeza

Many thanks. After resetting BIOS  my problem cleared.

Original Problem :My CPU fan went to  a permanent full speed condition despite good CPU temperatures.This problem occurred shortly after the installation of the Speedfan utility and I thought that possibly  BIOS  may have been corrupted. BIOS was still indicating SMART enabled for the CPU fan.

Resetting the BIOS cleared the problem and the SMART configuration is working normally.

I am not saying that Speedfan was the problem, I was only using it in its monitoring mode, however it can also be configured to control fan speed. Uninstalling Speedfan did not clear the problem.

Re motherboard manual. After much web searching I found  some useful information  on  a similar board whose layout is virtually the same as the ACER. The board is  Foxconn Bengal RS780.

Thanks for your help

Lucks 

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: