ACER ASPIRE 5750 LAPTOP SCREEN/COLOR PROBLEM...NEED HELP

Options
McMohan
McMohan Member Posts: 1 New User

I brought Acer laptop couple of months ago, and everything was working fine until last week. Last week I got 2 messages on acer updater showing " compatability issues with current version of windows 7", and "create back-up". I ignore messages for 2 days and later on next day windows installed critical updates when I tried to shut down my laptop. My screen resolution got weird after I restarted my Laptop. Screen shows pink/black/golden lines  all over the screen. I tried changing the screen resolution.

Restored machine back to few days back when my laptop was absolutely fine. Installed hotfix(option 2 link) on acer website, nothing worked...

Internet, audio and other functions works perfectly except the screen/color resolution.

Please help!!!!

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

McMohan, there is no one cause or cure, but here are some suggestions:

1) It might be a buildup of static electricity. Turn off the computer, unplug it and remove the battery. Hold the power button down for one minute and then return the battery and power cord and restart it.

2) Check the Acer website for new drivers, which might be necessary after those Windows updates. This is a likely cause--the updates probably remained after you used System Restore.

3) Connect an external monitor and see if the problem continues. If it does, then the problem is not with your laptop monitor. If the problem disappears, then the problem is not with your graphics card.

4) Lower your screen resolution. If that works, then your graphics card need to be replaced.

5) CAREFULLY move the monitor gently. If the problem disappears, either you have a corroded connection or your monitor cable has gone bad.

6) This is weird, but if you can get into BIOS, do so. If the lines do not appear in BIOS, then it is probably a driver problem.

7) Download the free program CoreTemp and see if you're overheating. I doubt that's it, but if your graphics card is too hot, it can malfunction.

This discussion has been closed.