acer R3600 drivers no hdmi windows sounds

billybellfoot
billybellfoot Member Posts: 5 New User

hi

i have installed all drivers fro my system from the driver download page however i still have an issue with sound when using hdmi no windows sounds but i do get windows sounds through headphone jack?

any ideas anyone?

thanks

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

1. Update your sound drivers

2. Look and see in your sound applications for an option to enable HDMI sound. Some applications have the option to enable

3. Test another HDMI cable.

4. Test your HDMI port from your receipient as well

5. Backup and reload the machine to factory reload.

6. Fault persists, hardware problem.

Regards,

Freeza

• billybellfoot
    billybellfoot Member Posts: 5 New User

hi thanks for your reply and assistance in this issue much appreciated.

however i have tried the steps you have listed 

but would like to just point out it cant be hardware issue as i am getting sound through hdmi.

i will explain my issue further for a better understanding

the issue i have is through headphone jack i get windows sounds independently say im on desktop and i remove usb i get "bing bong" sound

however through hmi i do not get window sunds indeppendently as with the headphone jack. however  i do get windows sounds when playin windows media player video so i get the sound of the video playing through hdmi but i also get if i remove usb whilst video is playing the "bing bong" sound over the top of the video playings audio through hdmi. so that indicates the hardware (pc hdmi tv) abillity to play the windows souds i.e no hardware error so i assumed software error driver or codec etc. so re-installed windows vista home premium 32 bit using retail media and re installed all drivers available on the acer websites download page for my device (acer aspire R3600 win vista home premium 32bit) 

nvidia chipset

vga

realtek audio

lan 

only thing i can think is that there are more drivers required that are not listed on the acer driver download page for this device. if that is the case how would i know which driver is missing and where to locate as the r3600 dosent come supplied with driver disc and there is no documentation or info on site or provided in box to indicate wich drivers are neccessary. also all my driver in device management state they are up to date? 

any info or advice you can provide would be much appreciated. as i have tried lots of options but nothing works its very strange has me stumped. many thanks

This discussion has been closed.