2012 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
pmerrill87

Upgraded to Windows 8 and touchpad does not work correctly (acer aspire 3830t-6870)

I have a acer aspire 3830t-6870 and ever since I upgraded to windows 8, the touchpad drivers do not work correctly. I knew I might have some driver trouble when upgrading, but before i upgraded to windows 8 I saw that there were windows 8 drivers on acers website for my model.

Anyways, I can't even tell if i have the elan or synaptics touchpad. Even when I called acer the support guy couldnt tell me. So I downloaded both but I still have issues. I can't access any of the touchpad options. The trackpad automatically scrolls when i am dragging something, and I lost all the other gesture features. Any Idea where I can get a working touchpad driver?

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Upgraded to Windows 8 and touchpad does not work correctly (acer aspire 3830t-6870)

For Windows 8 upgrades, we highly suggest using the Windows Upgrade Assistant, available here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows-upgrade-offer

Click on the Upgrade Assistant Tool.

Drivers for the system are available on our Driver Download site as you note.

We are unaware of any specific issues with the touchpad or drivers for this system.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: