Recovery Discs

jalmolky
jalmolky Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I am setting up a new Acer Asipre V3-571-6769 and am trying to create recovery discs.  Opening 'Acer Recovery Management' I have two options 'Create Factory Default Backup' and 'Create Drivers and Applications Backup'.

Every laptop that I have ever set up before (including other Acers) allowed for the option of backing up the full restore partition onto disc so in the event of a harddrive crash you can restore to factory defaults.  The problem is that if I choose 'Create Factory Default Backup' the only option I am presented with is 'Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive' if I continue it tells me I need a flash drive with at lease 16 GB free.

My question is why do I need a flash drive for this.  Why is there no disc option to span the recvery across 3-4 DVDs like on every other computer I have ever set up previously.

The only thing the Recovery Manager will let me put on disc is a 'System Repair Disc' or the 'Driver's and Applications Backup' both of which I will assume do not include the OS due to the estimated size.

Is there really no way to use the Recovery Manager to back up the recovery partition to disc?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.