My Aspire One is running really slowly. Where do I start trying to find out what's wrong?

Fluff
Fluff Member Posts: 2 New User

The RAM is only 1GB but can't be upgraded. Runs so slowly I've uninstalled all non-essential programmes, have removed Office and ITunes but doesn't help. A year ago I had Windows reinstalled but it didn't make a lot of difference. I regularly check to see if I need to defrag or clean up.

What can I do?

Where do I start trying to find out what's wrong?

Can you recommend any programmes that will clean it up for me?

Answers

• JC_1234
    JC_1234 Member Posts: 198 Troubleshooter

Which Aspire One are you using specifically, I'll see if I can find out how much RAM the unit can be upgraded to since most are 2GB. If the unit is running slow it's probably not from programs being installed and rather programs running in the background. It would take some work, but definitely pays off, to research and see what shouldn't be running unless you want to use it and it needs to be running.

• Fluff
    Fluff Member Posts: 2 New User

Aspire One D250. I've investigated before about upgrading the RAM - the entire machine has to be dimantled in order to do it. I enquired at a computer repair shop last year (after looking it up on the internet myself) and they confirmed it was a major job and not recommended.

• JC_1234
    JC_1234 Member Posts: 198 Troubleshooter

Well I've found out that unit only has 1 RAM slot and it can be upgraded to 2GB of RAM. It's tedious work on netbooks, but if you're committed it can be done. Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.