This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
Conor

Laptop will not boot properly

I have an Acer 6935g laptop with windows 7. When I go to boot my laptop, it powers on but nothing shows up on the screen, unless I take out the battery and put it back in few seconds later and then power up. I have to do this every time and it usually works properly after that but not always . I have tried a clean reinstall of windows 7 and have flashed an updated version of my bios but still the problem persists. I would appreciate if anyone had any help or advice that might solve this problem. Thanks Conor
Valued Leader
freeza

Re: Laptop will not boot properly

Good day

You need to replace the mainboard. Please double -check the warranty with your local acer technical support because i still have my machine and it came standard with 3 year warranty as its a Gemstone.

Regards,

Freeza

Leader
Tabbiekatz

Do you have the ac adapter plugged in when this happens? If it is not, then maybe the battery is not connecting to the contacts right. If that is the case, then it sounds like the bottom case is not aligned right. I'd take it to a local tech to see if they can't find what is going on. There are too many variables for this problem.

Visitor
Conor

I am just out of warranty. I have tried it without the battery in and just the ac cable in and with the ac plugged out and the battery in. Problem the same.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: