How to boot up a aspire one d257 in safemode?

Smygol
Smygol Member Posts: 1 New User

I got the CIA virus on my aspire d257 and I need to remove it. I have heard that malwarebytes can remove it, but then I have to restart it in Safe mode. How can I do so??

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Shut Down button , and then click Restart.

Do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter. For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).

Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

This discussion has been closed.