This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
pwest_jr

Display monitor not working

I have an Acer 5741-5763 notebook that a friend donated to me since neither he nor I could get the display monitor working. He bought a new Asus notebook instead. so I get to keep this and try tro figure out the issue. The notebook does boot up so that is not the issue but it does not display video at all. I cannot even get onto the BIOS splash screen. Any thoughts on what has happened?

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Display monitor not working

You would need to determine what is non-functional.

Plug in an external monitor and attempt to get video externally. 

If that works, it would seem to indicate that there is a problem with the LCD panel on the system.

If that does not work and you still get no video, it may indicate an issue with the video subsystem.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: