2012 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
Rwilkerson

Can I run extended displays on two monitors from my Acer laptop

I have an Acer laptop with an HDMI and VGA out. Can I run extended displays from those two outputs and if so, how? I have two new monitors, both plugged in. The computer sees them both as well as the laptop screen for a total of three displays but I can't seem to get the extended display to work across the teo new monitors. Help please and thanks

Valued Leader
freeza

Re: Can I run extended displays on two monitors from my Acer laptop

Good day

You can only use 1 external monitor at a time. Once you have monitor connected, press ALT+P, then select the extended display.

NB: IF you are using Windows 7 Starter, multiple display is not supported on this version.

Regards,

Freeza

Visitor
Rwilkerson

Thanks, do you know if that would be the case if using a USB to HDMI or USB to VGA?

Valued Leader
freeza

Good day

Your machine has been designed and tested to work on 1 external display at once. Acer doesnt guarantee that using third party device with work to the best of your ability and to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Freeza

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: