Network Adapter Issue in ACER SWIFT 1 SF114-34, Tried Network Reset doesn't work either.

Options
George9092
George9092 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hiya,

I have been having trouble with my acer wifi adapter for about 2 weeks now. I have tried everything. Re-insatlling the wifi adapter used to help it for a little bit but now it doesnt work at all. I even did a factory reset of my Laptop Still doesnt work. Tried Network Reset doesnt work either. Any help is appriected, may have to send into acer as still into warrenty.

I have the Acer Swift 1 SF114-34.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

We really need a little more info… When you say your network adapter has an issue, what issue are you asking about? Is your network slow, does it not work at all, is the adapter not seen by the OS at all, does it have warnings or errors in Device Manager? Show us a picture of Device Manager with the adpater selected, then a picture or the error code if one is shown.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • George9092
    Options

To me it's looking like the wifi adapter just fully disconnects. In device manager it has the Intel AX201 Wifi 6 adapter with a amber triangle next to it. It also says this device was unable to start.

• George9092
    Options
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Device unable to start can be several things. Which error code does it call out? Since you say it just fully disconnects it sounds intermittent? As in it works sometimes then drops out? Does it always work when you first turn it on then fails after things warm up? It could be software or hardware. When the WiFi fails does the Bluetooth still work?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,634 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @George9092

Check out this reply for your adapter on the Intel forum:

Intel community

Instead of downloading BT and Network drivers from Intel it may be better to download those from Acer Support.