Altos G701/R701 Host-RAID setup<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
1. Power on the server. When the Adaptec SCSI BIOS is appeared in the screen, press Ctrl + A to enter the SCSI BIOS.
2. Select the channel AIC<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />-7902 A at slot 00 04:03:00 or AIC-7902 B at slot 00 04:03:01 that you want to setup HostRAID.
3.Select Enable HostRAID Support, and there will be an additional item Configure/View HostRAID Settings.
4.Select the additional item Configure/View HostRAID Settings and press Enter
5. From the menu, press C to create a RAID.
6. Select the RAID type you want to build and press Enter.
7. From the Select RAID members menu, press Spacebar to select the hard drives that you want to use in the RAID. An X will appear next to the drive that you selected. Pressing the Spacebar again, the X will become Spare if the spare is allowed. Press Enter.
8.For RAID 0, you have to select the strip size after selecting the drives.
9. For RAID 1, you have to select how to build the RAID: Create new RAID-1, Copy from (0) to (1) or Copy from (1) to (0).
10. Next step Assign RAID Name, you have to give the RAID a name then press Enter.
11. Select Yes and press Enter to create the RAID.
12. Select Yes and press Enter to make sure.
For RAID1, you have to choose the Build or Rebuild process priority for High Medium or Low after the RAID has been created.