can I downgrade my Aspire laptop that came with windows 10 preinstalled to windows 7?

memeishere11
memeishere11 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Is it possible to downgrade an Aspire laptop that came preinstalled with windows 10 to windows 7?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Sorry but i don't understand.

learntomod is a software to mod minecraft, minecraft works under windows 10 without any issue if you didn't choose the pocket edition windows 10 version:

https://learntomod.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000529459-what-are-the-technical-requirements-to-run-the-learntomod-software-

In that same vein Windows 10 offers a Minecraft Pocket Edition that's also not compatible with LearnToMod, though if you download the correct Minecraft launcher from minecraft.net it should work on Windows 10; On minecraft.net scroll to 'Get Minecraft for your Device' and choose either 'Windows' or 'Mac' only. The LearnToMod software (the badges, the Simulator and coding area etc) will work on Windows 10 regardless.

you just need to download the classic java version and this will work under windows 10 (i use it):

https://minecraft.net

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

you can do it on most models but sometimes some drivers are impossible to find.

your laptop model?

• memeishere11

Hello,

Thank you so much for your timely response, sorry i am just now getting back to you, I have had 2 sick kids on my hands. The model is A15.

• IronFly

Do you mean E15?

by the way, if your problem is not software related (you need windows 7 to user some software), i strongly suggest you to use windows 10, is more reliable and secure than windows 10.

• memeishere11

I'm sorry, yes E15. The reason I wan' to down grade is I want to get LearnToMod for my son and it is not windows 10 compatible as the windows 10 version is Mine craft is basically the pocket version configured for a computer, need PC version.

• memeishere11

Meant "Windows 10 version OF Mine Craft" brain not working well today!!

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

Sorry but i don't understand.

learntomod is a software to mod minecraft, minecraft works under windows 10 without any issue if you didn't choose the pocket edition windows 10 version:

https://learntomod.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000529459-what-are-the-technical-requirements-to-run-the-learntomod-software-

In that same vein Windows 10 offers a Minecraft Pocket Edition that's also not compatible with LearnToMod, though if you download the correct Minecraft launcher from minecraft.net it should work on Windows 10; On minecraft.net scroll to 'Get Minecraft for your Device' and choose either 'Windows' or 'Mac' only. The LearnToMod software (the badges, the Simulator and coding area etc) will work on Windows 10 regardless.

you just need to download the classic java version and this will work under windows 10 (i use it):

https://minecraft.net

• memeishere11

Umm, We downloaded from Minecraft site the non pocket edition (PC edition). It installed correctly but does not function correctly (can not build walls etc..) googled issue and saw blogs where other users were having the same

issue. Responses were that the windows 10 version was just out of Beta and had lots of issues and that the windows 10 version functioned more like the pocket edition ?? My self I don't know but I do know that it is not functioning properly so i figured to install windows 7 instead. I also perfer Windows 7 over 10.

• memeishere11

Sorry but that is not correct. Just reading up on the topicand Windows 10 version (PC version) is not compatible with LearnToMod. The windows 10 version is basically the pocket version, you can not mod. Also you can not get skins and textures from what I understand. see snipet below from article on the LearnToMod web site.

"Frequently asked questions for LearnToMod in regards to getting started, ... How do I connect myMinecraft account to my LearnToMod account? .... Note for Windows 10 Users: just about any versionof minecraft made specifically for Windows 10 is not moddable"

• IronFly

I insist, the version on minecraft.net is the generic java version, so it's not windows 10 version and it works.

I play it without issues.

by the way, if you want to install windows 7:

1) first create a recovery media with windows 10, so you will be always able to revert to factory OS:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38147#_ga=1.159318522.1726682513.1446488832

2) create a bootable windows 7 64bit USB flash drive

3) set your BIOS to Legacy (if option is available)

4) plug your windows 7 USB flash drive, at language selection perss shift +F10 to open command prompt:
    then inside the cmd windows, type
    diskpart
    then on diskpart type
    list disk
    take note of the correct disk ID to erase
    type
    select disk x
    (x is the ID of your HDD to erase)
    type
    clean all

your HDD will be erased completly, it will take over an hour

4) once done, close the command prompt and continue with your windows 7 installation