Is Win10 update available for E5-473-53c0? Plus trackpad issue

GenLeal
GenLeal Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello, everyone. I recently bought an E5-473-53c0, DOS. I temporarily installed an unactivated Windows 10 on it so I can use the device. Now, in My Acer homepage, it says Windows 10 update is available for some devices, and when I checked the list, it included E5-473. Will my device be updated to a (legit) Windows 10? If yes, how? I tried the Media Creation tool but it doesn't run.

Now, another issue with this device is, the trackpad seems unsupportive of multi-touch. I tried to install ELAN, Synaptics drivers but they wouldn't work. I just find it ridiculous that a core i5 device manufactured June 2015 doesn't have a decent trackpad. Is it really the hardware, or could it be a software issue?

My device has installed all updates via Windows Update.

Thank you so much. Please help.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

You will need to purchase a Windows license, since your machine didn't come with one. You can purchase a Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 license, then when it's activated update to the latest and greatest.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

It may have a Windows key in the BIOS. There are several programs such as produkey that can tell you if one is there.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

padgett wrote:

It may have a Windows key in the BIOS. There are several programs such as produkey that can tell you if one is there.

That model shipped with FreeDOS as the OS, so no chance for a key in BIOS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett

Then you can probably pick up a legal Win 7 distro on Amazon for about $50 and upgrade that.

• GenLeal
    GenLeal Member Posts: 5 New User

Thanks! You've been very helpful. How about the trackpad, though? Is there a way to say with finality whether or not the trackpad supports multitouch/gestures?

• padgett

Well I see a touchpad driver on the Acer support site for Win 10 for a E5-473

TouchPadELANTECHTouchpad Driver13.6.2.27.0 MB2015/11/25

Once you have an activated Win 10 than I'd load that and all the other drivers you may need. (Were a bunch listed).