Battery not detected after Windows 10 upgrade

keness47
keness47 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Upgraded my Aspire 5738 from Win 7 to Win 10. After upgrade, no battery was detected by the laptop. I like Win 10, but if no solution is found, I'll neeed to roll back to Win 7 pretty soon, or I'll be stuck with a laptop that's permanently turned into a desktop.

I've tried the old standby (unplugging everything, holding down power button, then rebooting, then adding back battery), but doesn't work. Anybody have any other ideas / suggestions /directions?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Please check if you can do a battery driver reset. Here are the steps: Go to the devise manager. Press and hold the windows key with your left hand and then tap on the letter X key with your right hand. Then select devise manager from the list. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery and chose uninstall. Click on ACtion tab on top of the window and chose scan for hardware changes. Let us know if you notice any change after following the above steps. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem. Thank you.

Answers

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Please check if you can do a battery driver reset. Here are the steps: Go to the devise manager. Press and hold the windows key with your left hand and then tap on the letter X key with your right hand. Then select devise manager from the list. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery and chose uninstall. Click on ACtion tab on top of the window and chose scan for hardware changes. Let us know if you notice any change after following the above steps. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem. Thank you.
  • keness47
    keness47 Member Posts: 4 New User

Thanks, that cleared it up immediately and the battery was detected again. I had to do a quick hard-power reset because it was "plugged in, not charging" but now it's operating normally on battery. Thank you so much! 

• smuir00
    smuir00 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have an Aspre E15 that i cannot get this to work for. any other ideas ?

• mickm0
    mickm0 Member Posts: 1 New User

my Aspire 5745 would not detect my battery after fitting replacement. I refitted my ord battery and that was no longer detected. Tried lots of ideas I found online without success. This method worked, thanks.

• FestaCity
    FestaCity Member Posts: 1 New User

Does this work for Aspire E 15?

Reply ASAP

• Neelbhatt
    Neelbhatt Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello...... I have recently purchased laptop battery for my old laptop. The company name is Fugen. I am having laptop of acer aspire 5740g. My laptop is not dectecting battery. I tried the method of uninstalling that microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery. But still it is not showing it. So please help me out with it. 

Thank you,

Neel B.Bhatt

India

• Fricasso
    Fricasso Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am very sad that it didn't work
  • klagoosh
    klagoosh Member Posts: 1 New User
    I tried that and it shut my computer off.  When it restarted, the device had reinstalled.