Cannot find drivers after reformatted hardrive using win 7

enigmatic
enigmatic Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I just formatted my harddrive and installed windows 7 . However I cannot find the correct drivers

I visited Acers website where you can download the correct drivers after entering your serial number or SNID: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

I have an Aspire X1935. After selecting Windows 7 64 bit and downloading the recommended drivers I installed one driver called VGA_Intel_15.26.64.2598_win7x64. When I restarted my PC I got the blue screen of death and it wouldn't boot up.

I've had to reformat my harddrive again and start over. Now I'm back to square one and dont want to install an incorrect driver again. any suggestions of what I should do. No disks came with this PC and I cannot reboot to factory settings

Should I have chosen Windows 7 32-bit and downloaded and installed those drivers instead?

Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Depends on your windows 7 installed version, are you on x86 or x64 system?

are you sure that you have an Intel VGA?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • enigmatic

According to the Windows disk it is Windows Home Prem 7 SP1 64 bit

I entered my serial number into the Acer website where you can download the correct drivers. So I assumed Acer woudl provide the correct drivers. I have not installed any drivers since buying this PC.

How would I find out if I had an intel VGA. Is there a window I an open in Windows 7 that gives me all the hardware I have and drivers I require? Something like the Device managers panel?

Thank you

• IronFly

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.

check on display adapters.

• enigmatic

Thanks. So the Device Manager will tell me all the hardware I have installed and from that I can work out what drivers I require?

I noticed a small warning icon next to one of the devices (Other Devices > Intel(4) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB 3.0 extensible Host controller INstallation Disk - 1e31) . I'm not sure what that means. Perhaps nothing to worry about

• IronFly

yes, it will tell you the hardware installed.

if you find an yellow exclamation mark, a drivers is missing.

about the warning you had, try this:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/USB%203.0/USB%203.0_Intel_1.0.1.209_W7x86W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634711000696399983&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20X1935&OS=711&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

• enigmatic

So if i click setup and install that driver you provided a link for that should fix the problem with the warning message regarding Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Installation Disk - 1E31 ?

I will give it a go and make sure to KUDOS you if it works. I hope acer is paying you for your expertise in helping their customers out.

• enigmatic

It seems as if your solution of installing that driver worked. I can no longer see a warning icon in Device Manager.Thanks a lot.

Regarding installing the drivers - I have only installed the driver you provided a link to. I decided against installing other drivers since i'm not getting any warning icons within the device manager. Is this what you recommend?

Thanks again

• Hi,

That's not recommended installing a wrong driver may cause device malfunction, use this tool to check the Hardware in your computer: http://global-download.acer.com/SupportFiles/Files/HWID/APP/HWVendorDetection.exe#_ga=1.90898266.1335089677.1415683611