acer aspire v5-571p 6815 bios password

dnfakrnl
dnfakrnl Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I've been struggling with my laptop for about 5 hours now.

It was working fine with Windows 8 and I wanted to reinstall the laptop to Windows 7 due to virus.

But pressing F2 didn't get me access to Bios. I noticed that some Acer Aspire V5's can't access Bios as it's hidden/locked so I was surfing webs to find solution and I stumbled upon this http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/No-access-to-BIOS-Aspire-V5-571G/td-p/157643/page/5

"The Accepted Solution #1" says download the unpacked bios image then run it through the command prompt. Which I did and F2 did get me to Bios but I faced a really big problem. It's asking for Bios password.. I have never setup Bios password to begin with..

20160604_031219.jpg
I can't get past this screen. I have tried disassembling the motherboard to pull out cmos battery for 5 minutes and didn't work(I broke my screen doing this). I also tried shorting the password gap(G2201) and this didn't work neither..

When I try to load OS normally it says "Operation System not found"

I'm stuck and I have no idea what to do.. I'd appreciate help!!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you can get it to boot from a USB,

http://akidadammdyusup.blogspot.com/2013/12/laptop-acer-bios-password-cleaner.html

For "Operation System not found",  Check if the setting in Boot tab has changed from UEFI.

• mikaelamikey
    mikaelamikey Member Posts: 2 New User
    On the Acer Aspire V5 series, if you open the bottom cover and remove the RAM you should find a couple of pads on the board labelled G2201. Remove the battery and power cord from your machine. Use a piece of wire to short those two pads. While holding the wire, plug the machine back in, then hit the power button. This should clear the password. I had to do this a number of times, but what finally worked was to hold the power button down while the machine came on, then shut off. I cycled this a few times then eventually the password was removed and I was able to get into the BIOS setting screens. Good luck!