VN7-791 touchpad doesn't work

Throw
Throw Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

To begin, sorry for my  english, it's not my native language.

I have bigs problems with the touchpad of my VN7 for weeks. Indeed, at the beginning, i used my laptop and suddendly my touchpad stopped to work without reasons. When i rebooted my laptop, the touchpad worked during a few minutes then it didn't work again.

I've upgraded my laptop on windows 10 and i've downloaded the last drivers but the issues were the same.

Actually, the touchpad doesn't work at all even if it's detected in the control panel. I have to use my mouse to continue to use my laptop.

I don't know what to do and i'm desperate.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Probably the question is stupid, but I give a try.

In Settings, Devices, Mouse and Touchpad do you have the setting "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" off?

If yes, try to disconnect all the USB devices from your PC and try to see if the touchpad is working. If not try to see if FN+F7 will help, but I don't really expect to help.

Also, you could try to turn off the mentioned settings.

Not the last, in device manager isn't your touchpad by mistake disabled or has a yellow exclamation mark?

• Throw
    Throw Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

"Leave touchpad..." is on, and when i turn off or when i disconnect the usb devices, the situation is the same.

On the device manager, the touchpad is ok under the name SYNAPTICS HID DEVICE.

touchpad.jpg

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

If you have time and you know how to do it, could you try to make a linux USB drive and boot in linux to see if your touchpad works well there. It would be good to have an idea if it's a software or a hardware issue.

If it would work in linux it would mean that it's most probably a hardware issue.