Plugged in less FPS. Unplugged more FPS. Why?

UniverseJake
UniverseJake Member Posts: 1 New User

So, I'm having this problem where whenever I plug in my laptop, in-game the FPS reduces by A LOT.

AspireV15 V3-575G-74ZZ. 

So I just noticed this when I unplugged my laptop (which I usually don't do). So, I usually play League Of Legends which shouldn't be a problem running with these specs but whenever I plug in it reduces at least 10-15 frames and it's not constant. On the other hand I've tried unplugging while in-game and it was at constant 60 (I cap the FPS to 60, it can run uncapped to 120fps plugged/unplugged the first time I got my laptop). I've tried changing power options and everything but still the same thing happens. I tried plugging and unplugging in game and still [Plugged = less FPS, Unplugged = more FPS]. I tried restarting the laptop unplugged/plugged then plugging/unplugging it when it starts back if it changes anything, still no diff. 

I really need help with this one. It's driving me crazy because it makes no sense right?

Answers

• benjaminchoate
    benjaminchoate Member Posts: 2 New User

I had the same issue with an old Dell gaming laptop of mine. The issue ended up being that the charger I was using (Also Dell brand, same connector, same voltage, but lower amperage/total watts) and that confusing symptom seems to be what happens in that scenario.

So I would ask: Are you using the original charger, or a 3rd party / repurposed charger from another Acer laptop?

If it's the original, then it could be caused by the charger being defective or dying, and (someone experienced/competent) should be able to determine that by testing it with a cheap multimeter to find out its output voltage and amperage. If the voltage is correct, but the amps are below what's required then you have your answer(though an off reading of the voltage would also be bad if that were the case, lol).

Hope this might help-