My Acer Aspire V3-574G-74BC have 4gb ram and i'd like to upgrade it to 16gb is it possible?

cunanancholo23
cunanancholo23 Member Posts: 3 New User

Can i really upgrade it or i can't because i only have 4gb ram?

Answers

• JonM
    JonM Member Posts: 25 New User

A quick search here (http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-v3-574g) seems to point to DDR3 1600 RAM for your laptop. There are 2 bays/slots.

Now, not every board supports 16gb RAM, almost all of them out there now will do 8GB for sure (2 4GB modules). I suggest you purchase from a retailer that would allow returns just in case your computer doesn't support a pair of 8GB RAM sticks.

The RAM in your computer will have a label on it indicating exactly what it is. It will most likely say DDR3-1600 or DDR3L-1600. You'll want to get that exact same type (Matching the number at the end is most important. DDR3 and DDR3L are usually interchangable) as to avoid any incompatibilities. Brands I recommend: Kingston, G.Skill, Corsair, Crucial, PNY. There are a few others out there that are good quality as well but these are the "safe" choices.

I'll even hook you up with a Newegg search link: NEWEGG: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3/3L-1600 Laptop (SO-DIMM) Memory

Good Luck!

• cunanancholo23
    cunanancholo23 Member Posts: 3 New User

I only have 4gb ram on the main slot and if i'll buy a 8gb ram stick i will only get 12gb. Im asking if i can change my main ram that is 4gb to a 8gb ram so i can get the 16gb ram for my laptop.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

As it's written on Acer's webpage, the maximum memory supported by your notebook is 16 GB, so you can install two sticks of 8 gb.