Is there a larger battery (6 cell) for the Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-591G-792U Laptop?

Options
ccody73
ccody73 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have recently purchased an Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-591G-792U Laptop. It has a 3 cell Li Battery.

One of the greatest issues with this model (other than heat) is short battery life.

Is there a larger battery that can be purchased for this model?

[Yes, I know performance takes current, current causes heat and drains batteries. I am asking if I can get a bigger fuel tank.]

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Due to the nature of a intergrated battery, on top of the fact that this battery is probably-definitely custom made only for this type of model, I doubt Acer has a larger battery size for it, attributed to the fact that it would need to be bigger, and also not very much needed.

If you need proof, look here: http://i1.wp.com/laptopmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/main-text.jpg

What I can suggest is that you go to Windows "Power Options" and mess with the controls to reduce battery use, it doesn't seem to do much, but it really, REALLY does. At the cost of performace, which is really only seen if you are doing heavy, intensive work.