How do I add additional 8GB memory to my Acer aspire V3-572P-51BA?

shankarhn
shankarhn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I want to upgrade my ACER Aspire V3-5762P-51BA laptop with an additional compatiple 8GB RAM which I have purchased. How do I upgrade the laptop myself?

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

This one has the memory on top of the motherboard, under the keyboard. You have to remove the bottom of the laptop and then the top (Keyboard) panel. Not a complete disassembly, but getting close. 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

This one has the memory on top of the motherboard, under the keyboard. You have to remove the bottom of the laptop and then the top (Keyboard) panel. Not a complete disassembly, but getting close. 

• shankarhn
    shankarhn Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you Philetus.

I will try this out. Your description seems to fit many of the videos I saw of models with this kind of a build. What I understand is to unscrew all the bottom screws, pry open the to keyboard panel carefully, then right under the key board panel I must be able to see the ywo slots for memory.

Thank you.

HN Shankar

• l02turner
    l02turner Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I need to know what my memory is called so I can buy a matching 4GB memory card.  There are so many different memory styles and none of the documentation describes the type I have.   My Laptop is an Acer Aspire F5-575
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can download HWiNFO to find out what type of RAM module you have installed.
    In order the second ram module to be compatible with the one installed, you only have to make sure that both support the same latency.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!