High CPU usage/instability "windows audio device graph isolation"

tytlyf
tytlyf Member Posts: 43 New User

Upgraded to Win10 recently and have noticed this process in Task manager that is causing high CPU usage, disabling sound and causing instability.  I've tried multiple Realtek Dolby drivers on the website and I can't find a solution.

"windows audio device graph isolation" is the process that causes this CPU usage and instability.  If I 'end task' the problem goes away, but I have to restart the computer to get back to normal.

Is anyone aware of this issue with the realtek drivers?

Answers

• JaapDJ
    JaapDJ Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
  • tytlyf

I noticed it's the "audiodg.exe" program that is acting weird with high cpu usage.  Some tutorials say to disable 'audio enhancements' but I can't find that option available in windows 10.

In device manager, I notice 2 separate audio drivers.  The Acer download page only has 1 realtek audio driver.  I'm wondering if there is supposed to be another driver to update?  My audio seems to be working fine without this problem coming back.  

I've attached a screenshot showing the 2 different audio fields in device manager.  The bottom one is the driver listed on the Acer driver page, I'm not sure where the other upper audio driver is to download.Untitled.jpg

• JaapDJ

I have exactly the same situation in the device manager. Same driver versions too. Can't explain why there are two sound related sections, but I know for sure it's always been like that in the device manager. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling (after restart) the bottom set of drivers?

Found this one too, maybe that helps: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/audio-graph-isolation-issueaudiodgexe/ce989ea2-0774-42cb-83a9-9d433728243d?auth=1

Good luck.

• tytlyf

I tried the troubleshooter but it didn't find any problems.  I'll have to wait for the audio problem to start again and try running the troubleshooter when it's happening.

You said there was a driver to try, but your post didn't link to one?

• JaapDJ

You seem to have the most recent driver version installed. In that case it's not necessary do download a new one. Maybe something has gone wrong when installing this driver. You could try to uninstall it from the device manager and then restart the pc. It should automatically reinstall after boot. Although the driver is not different, it could very well be that your issue has gone. No guarantees on this one, but it can't do any harm.