Downgrading from Windows 10 to 8.1 on Acer V15 VN7-592G successful but need camera & mic drivers

obicam
obicam Member Posts: 1 New User

I have successfully downgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-592G laptop. I installed all the drivers from Acer's support site and all seems to be working fine so far, but the driver for the webcam will not install. It gives me an error stating that I need Windows 10 or later. But I don't like Windows 10 and prefer Windows 8. Is there any way I can get around this and get my webcam to work? Also, my speakers are working fine, but the built-in mic seems to not be working, unless there is no built-in mic. I just bought this laptop recently to use for audio and music production & mixing. If I can comfortably use Windows 8.1 on this system without any major errors, I will keep it. Otherwise I will return it. I'd at least like to be able to use my webcam and internal mic for skype calls on this, as I paid a good amount of money for it. 

To be exact, the model I have is Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-592G-70EN.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!