Aspire V3-772g Wi-Fi slow, stops working from time to time.

metax047
metax047 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello guys.
So I have this sort kind of problem with my v3-772g... My wifi from time to time as I said in the title stops working, it shows im connected to my router but there is no internet ("limited" with "!" ) after reconnecting to router its works again. Other 3 laptops and two phones works on the same wifi perfectly. But WAIT - there is more! My wifi speed (when its working) is horribly slow, (adding screenshots of speed peaks) when downloading files I get only 1,2-3,6 MB/s max, when with the wired connection its more than 8 MB/s of pure speed. I think i should add that i tried using wired connection but it stopped working after 5~8 minutes... Smiley Very Happy just showing its limited connection and there is nothing i can do about it, after puting the cable back to router its working on wifi slowly as always. Im using windows 8.1 x64, same thing was on windows 10 pro x64. Laptop comes with broadcom 802.11n adapter. Using all drivers from acer site. All of the laptop & wifi power settings set to performance. Router is like 50cm from the laptop.Can i fixed it or should I give it back to varranty repair? (Thats an option, but I don't want it if it is not necessary because of the long repair time) 

Sorry for my horrible english. Its not my native language.Be pavadinimo.jpg

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Try updating your driver from device manager.

upwi.PNG

If that doesn't work, check out the link below and see if that interests you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V3-772g-Wi-Fi-Card/td-p/401403

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • metax047
    metax047 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your reply. I had tried this few times before, but without luck. 

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Wireless problems can be difficult to diagnose.

1. Could be your driver

2. It could be your wireless router firmware/settings or your wireless router's driver not playing nice

3. It could be your environment...e.g. interference

Connect via ethernet and then try uninstalling your wireless adapter from device manager and then restart your computer.  Let Windows automatically download and install the driver it wants.  Try updating your wireless driver via device manager.

Also, try updating your wireless router's firmware.  You can go to your wireless router's manufacturer website for the latest firmware.

Try taking your computer to a different location...e.g. starbucks, McDonalds, a friend's house.

Try changing the 2.4 Ghz channel on your wireless router.  Use channel 1, 6 or 11.  Select 20 Mhz channel width only.

Try reading the link below.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V3-772g-Wi-Fi-Card/td-p/401403

I'm not an Acer employee.