Acer aspire v3-571g 73638g1tmaii memory slots

aermicioi
aermicioi Member Posts: 2 New User

Good day,

I want to upgrade my notebook (model specified in title) with an additional memory bank (maybe more).

I have opened the hatch of laptop where are situated memory slots, and saw only 2 slots instead of 4.
On acer.com products page (and some other sites), acer v3-571g says 4 memory slots are available. Also dmidecode program from linux detects as well 4 slots of memory upgradeable up to 32 gb.

So the question, were are additional 2 memory slots, beside those I found, for this particular model?

Thank you.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer

Hello,

Your laptop has only two slots so 2x4Gb=8Gb.

http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00147556.html

France
  • aermicioi
    aermicioi Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for help, but I'm not sure if the information in referenced link is valid.

My laptop was bought with an 8GiB memory bank, and today I've added another 4 GiB in remaining slot.
    After installing it, and starting the laptop, no problems were found. Bios and Linux OS detects additional
    4GiB of memory.

So question remains about actual number of slots, and max amount of memory that laptop can handle.

Is it possible to get official specifications (not generic ones for entire set of v3-571g) for this particular model of laptop, form acer if possible?

Thank you.