Acer Nitro V17 - Battery detected, not charging, only running off of charger

itztheazn00
itztheazn00 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I recently opened up my new acer nitro v17 to install a SSD to move my OS onto. After placing everything back in order. The laptop will not turn on without the charger connected. When the charger is connected, the laptop turns on and indicates that the battery is at 88%, but once the charger is removed, everything shuts down. If anyone can help that would be great thanks.

TL: DR - Battery detected, battery not charging, only runs off of charger

Best Answer

• emdot_p
    emdot_p Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓

The screw that sits underneath (the one under the charging port) needs to be screwed in all the way. I found this out when replacing both drives. Make sure all tabs are snapped and everything is secure. If something is loose it will not charge properly.

Answers

• emdot_p
    Answer ✓

The screw that sits underneath (the one under the charging port) needs to be screwed in all the way. I found this out when replacing both drives. Make sure all tabs are snapped and everything is secure. If something is loose it will not charge properly.

• itztheazn00

Will that fix the issue where I cannot run my laptop off of the battery as well? It shows that my battery is at 88%, but the moment I remove the charger, the laptop just dies.

• emdot_p

Yes. Just be sure whatever you unplugged when lifting the keyboard was snapped back in.

• itztheazn00

Thanks a lot for your help. It seems like the screw you were talking about was not fully screwed in on my laptop. Strange how all the screws have ot be screwed in tight for it to even work.

• Dundy
    Dundy Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited October 2018
    emdot_p said:

Hi,

I have the same issue after replacing the SSHD in my Nitro VN7-592G. I found this thread so quickly went through all the screws and they are all tightened but it will only power on if it's plugged in. When plugged in it shows 'Fully charges (100%) '.

Before I replaced the SSHD, it was working perfectly fine on the battery as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I saw that tightening the screws seemed to solve the problem for many but not for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • If you pressed all the screws, maybe the problem is solved by resetting the battery! To reset the battery, disconnect the notebook from power and press the battery for five seconds, then leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dundy
    Dundy Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    If you pressed all the screws, maybe the problem is solved by resetting the battery! To reset the battery, disconnect the notebook from power and press the battery for five seconds, then leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!
    Sorry, I have forgot to mention that I have done the battery reset trick quite a few times, didn't help.Thank you though.

I have moved this question to:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/552577/acer-nitro-vn7-592g-battery-not-working-only-when-plugged-in-after-dismantling/p1?new=1