Acer Aspire vn7 Battery life

Sibiria007
Sibiria007 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello community. I hope to get an answer...
I am became your biggest fan, when opened and using (till now) a Acer Aspire 4720G with such great architecture! He had 5200 mah battery and working enough time.
And i bought Acer Aspire vn7.. i dont watch on battery health, because you promised me a 4-10 hour of autonomous work, so i didn't asking
And what i get.. 1,5 hour of work (and i don't playing in any game, i am working in Word doc.. just, writing my misery book, trying to do it fast, as i can.. without ethernet connectionSmiley Happy).
it is a joke? i know, a hardware is great, BUT WHERE IS OPTIMISATION?
It is so great disappointing
But i thought, after some time, maybe you will release a battery with more capacity.. so, well.. it is 2016 end, and i won't get anything
I checked battery, it is completely fine (by command "powercfg energy")
So, i need you advice...
I do not want to carry it into the service, I want to do it by myself
How can i check it by another way?
Can i install this battery UX501JW4720 ? Yes, it is asus

Answers

• Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon

This is pretty much expected from a 'gaming laptop', even if a budget one at that. This is where you compromise on battery life in this case. As a VN7-592G customer myself, I have no complaints because for me the hardware mattered more than battery life.

If you want a better battery life, check out the other series of Acer notebooks like the E which offer Intel U-series processors. They are highly power efficient and more than sufficient enough for your web browsing and blog typings.

Edit: Any wordprocessing for that matter.

• Sibiria007

You just kidding me, right?
    Where you saw "web browsing and blog typings" ?
    I'm working at Microsoft Word Office! 1,5 hour! You want to say, it is ok?
    What's wrong with you? It's not looks like on 6 hour

• Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Where is the VN7 rated at 6+ hours? Nobody told me, I am telling you.

Large, powerful laptops aren’t known for their battery life and sure enough the Aspire Nitro Black Edition certainly won’t last a day away from a plug socket.

It is not just Acer but every other laptop too, in-fact the Acer might be even perhaps slightly better than the competition!

If you want long battery life, longer than 6 hours then this laptop is not for you. The best you can reach ono this laptop is a bit over 4 hours.

To achieve this you will have to enable power saving options, preferably switch of WLAN, Bluetooth, dim your display and limit yourself to no heavy duty tasks like gaming or graphic intensive applications.

You could then do the word processing for longer.

• Sibiria007

Hello, only today a changed my default battery on the new, and without changes. I charge battery on full, and now it is showing only 2 hours 30 minutes and 77%. The calibration was done..
    Can you help me to diagnostic that problem? 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer

Sibiria007 wrote:

Hello, only today a changed my default battery on the new, and without changes. I charge battery on full, and now it is showing only 2 hours 30 minutes and 77%. The calibration was done..
    Can you help me to diagnostic that problem? 

Hi,

Did you buy the battery from authorised dealer? Please post the Laptop model and the battery model so that we may be able to help you.

• Sibiria007

Yes, authorised dealer. Model is Acer Aspire VN7-591G-72RU Model No.MS2391

battery.jpeg

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Could you please adjust the settings(like mine in the snip) for battery in Advanced Power Options and try another calibration manually.

https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

• Sibiria007

Unfortunately  i have the same settings.. Just tryed to use balanced mode, and the time become 1 and 32 minutes. When i changed on economy mode it is stay on 2 hours. But it's quite strange, when i doing nothing and time can change on 1 hour on that mode.

The impression is that every minute the charge drops by one percent.

PS. I have try to callibrate the battery again - Turned off PC, pressed on the special button on the back, and nothing happened - computer doesn't turned on.
    Please looks on my hwmonitor report, maybe it will help.something wrong here.jpgsomething is wrong here 2.jpgrep.jpg

• brummyfan2

Hi,

You are resetting the battery by pressing the button at the back and it's not calibration, please follow the instructions for manual calibration in the link I posted earlier.

• Sibiria007

I have the same settings
    I can show if you need it

• brummyfan2

Hi,

OK, then run it for a week and see whether the performance of the battery improves after a few cycles. Make a note of the readings of HWmonitor after every recharge.