2 acer V3-372-57CW models, 1 with very slow wifi

Daeronb
Daeronb Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there,

My spouse and I have recently both bought the V3-372-57CW for it's awesome specs and price.

The laptop of my spouse has a very slow wifi connection that I am not able to solve no matter what i try.

The problem laptop gets about 2,5mbs down speed 90% of the time and the other 10% somewhere between 2,5-17mbps of the time in speedtests on a 2,4Ghz network. Where my (same model) laptop reliably gets 17 mbs almost 100% of the time, never below 13-14mbps. Which is very much noticeable for my spouse in almost any task that uses wifi connection. (For good measure there is also another laptop of a different brand which also consistently gets 13-17mbs down speed).

I'm going to describe everything I have noticed and have already tested. I am looking to see if there is anything I have overlooked on the software side.

- Because we both have the same laptop they have been A/B tested at multiple locations in the house, with the same result.

- Problem laptop *sometimes* also is able to reach around 17mbps, but this never lasts for longer than a few minutes.

- I have reinstalled windows after wiping the drive. With a clean instal we got again 17mbps for a few minutes, thinking I solved the problem, but very quickly the speed was down to 2 mbps again.

- After this updating both wifi and bleutooth drivers (because I seem to understand they influence eachother) to

bluetooth: Bluetooth Driver (NFA344A HAI) drivern and

wifi: Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344A HAI)

again, no speed increase. ( I am running these same drivers on the other laptop with no speedproblems).

- Turning both firewall and windows defender of doesn't solve the problem either. There is no other virus scanner running and McAffee has been uninstalled right after the reinstallation of windows 10.

- This problem occurs even if there are no other devices connected to the router through wifi.

- When tested on another 2,4ghz network she got a whooping 60mbps down, as did I. Leading me to conclude 1) The wifi module CAN attain high speeds 2) there might be something wrong with the wifi network. Until I realised that I have the exact same laptop with the exact same specification and exact same drivers and don't have speed problems at all on that same wifi network.

- Bluetooth has been turned off. With no effect.

- Both laptop have obviously also been tested with the other laptop (and other devices) removed from the network. So just that one laptop was connected. Again to no avail.

- Wireless adapter settings in the power configurations have been set to maximum performance for all 3 powerplans.

I have run out of ideas... Any insight would be very welcome indeed!

Answers