acer travelmate 5760 does not power up

luciav
luciav Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Good day, 

the laptop is just over a year old, and does not power up at all. This started a couple of weeks ago.

At first the LED light would blink orange a few times when the laptop was switched on, but nothing else happened.

Then it might just start up, and while booting up the battery light would blink and it would switch off .

I did try removing the battery etc. to discharge of the mainboard as advised, but no difference.

I have tried other sockets, same result.

I have now left it unplugged for a few days and there is not even the orange light any more.

I contacted Acer two weeks ago and received a message that a response would arrive within 24 hours, but to date I have received no response at all.

Any advice on something else I can try before I send it in?

Thanks,

Lucia

Best Answer

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

It is recommended to check if the laptop powers On by removing the battery and connecting the laptop directly to the power adapter.

If it powers ON, then there is some issue with your battery. In this case, try using some other battery if possible and see if that resolves the issue.

If the laptop does not power On even after connecting it directly to the adapter, there might be some hardware issue. In this case, it is recommended to contact Acer support using the following link:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

The following link might be useful:
    http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4/~/what-can-i-do-if-my-computer-does-not-power-on%3F

Hope this will help you.

• luciav

Hi,

I had previously tried both with battery only, power adapter only and both, with no success.

I tried again with just the power adaptor now after your reply, and lo and behold it powered on and stayed on sufficiently for me to check event viewer and download the latest antivirus files.

Then it switched itself off suddenly and now it gives no sign of life at all, with or without battery.

It looks like there might be a problem with the motherboard? But then surely it would not have come on at all?

I will contact the support people at the link you sent, thanks.

Regards,

Luciav

• luciav

Hi, GuruAid,

I finally managed to get a new power supply, and the problem is solved! The laptop is now working and the battery is charging.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Regards