Need a bit of help with P643-M's Conexant 20584 under Windows 10

bk109
bk109 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey guys, has anyone stumbled upon a proper working audio driver for the P643's Conexant 20584? I fully realize that this device isn't officially supported under Win10, but I'd like to move on from the generic driver shipped with Windows as it's lacking (ie microphone signal quality is worse). For the record, I've tried to force the drivers for 7 and 8.x, but both result in no audio whatsoever. Sooooo, any ideas and suggestions, or just to hand the pair o' 643's to my nephews to use as their first "personal" computers (not the fastest machines on the planet, but for 150 euros each they're good enough -> 3230M+8gig RAM+128gig SSD+750 gig HDD)

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Acer will only provide upgrade support and Windows 10 drivers for models that appear on the Windows 10 eligible models list.

Acer has published a list of systems that are supported for the Windows 10 upgrade. Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website and click the Windows 10 link in the left column to see if your product is eligible for the upgrade.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/199#_ga=1.242872577.263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • bk109
    bk109 Member Posts: 3 New User

Mate, thanks for the response, but as I wrote - "I fully realize that this device isn't officially supported under Win10", which kinda gives away that I've checked that I've checked the "officially supported hardware" list. What I'm asking the community is if someone knows a workaround to force non-generic drivers for the 20584(be it older Acer-sourced or from elsewhere) onto the P643M. Hell, I realize that Acer isn't Lenovo, where it comes to product support ( which is glaringly obvious from the lack of updates for this laptop since 2013, as opposed to the same-class T420 which stilll sees active support, despite being a generation older), but I'm checking to see if another user has found a way to extend the utility of an otherwise decent piece of kit. 

Btw, for future reference - Acer determines whether it officially supports an OS on a piece of kit, whereas the eligibility (for Windows 10) is determined by Microsoft Smiley Wink

Edit: I'm sorry if this^ reads a bit too snippy as that's certainly not my intent(I've done my time in Customer support, so I realize that you guys have basic script you've got to stick to), it's just that I specifically phrased my question so to avoid at least the initial canned response Smiley Happy