Black screen on B113-M after changing the HDD by a SSD drive

daddond5
daddond5 Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear all,

after having changed the original HDD by a SSD drive, my laptop B113-M does not want to start at all. It does not want to start even with the original HDD (now in Windows 10 , originally in Windows 7 pro).

At start the screen is black , there is no acer logo anymore. I have only the F2 setup but I cannot access the Bios/uefi.

The laptop has already the last bios update that I tried to reflash unsuccessfully.

PLease help!

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Once you change parts in your computer you void the warranty (if you still had warranty).

I suggest you contact Acer support in your region and see if they can help you.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • daddond5
    daddond5 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

The warranty wasa already finished.

Acer already proposed that but I  do not want to spend 200-300€ for this. 

I do not understand why it is not possible to change my HDD ? If my HDD crashed, my hdd should be replaced or should put my laptop on the bin ?

This is not a fair solution to prevent customers to repair their own device.

I will think twice before buying Acer again and definitely not recommand to buy this brand to anyone.

kind regards