Purchased recovery disk for Aspire S3 ask me for an extra disk

dorjuela
dorjuela Member Posts: 5 New User

I just purchased a revocery disks for my Aspire S3-951, i got 4 disk in total (1 System disk, 2 recovery disks "1 of 2 and 2 of 2 labeled"  and 1 language disk). im using and external optical drive for this process. 

1. First i insert the "System Disk", i select my language and i choose the factory values reset option (I have my HDD totally wiped through Windows DVD installer option).
  2. When i got asked for a recovery disk #1 i insert it and click on "OK".
  3. Then i got asked for a recovery disk #2 and clik "OK"
  4. Everything goes right until i just got asked for a recovery disk #3, disk that i do not have!!!.

Acer web page says that this is a computer hardware issue but the computer was working fine before. 

Please help me with this problem.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you tried to put one of the other 2 disks?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • dorjuela

Yes .I have tried it but it keeps asking me for a 3th disk. 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i will ask for help, please hang tight.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I have encountered this before, and it is usually a sign of a hardware problem. We published an FAQ referencing this at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35118

What was the computer doing before you tried to recover?

• dorjuela

The computer had no problem untill now. a couple years ago i installed windows 8 on it and the computer was lagging all the time then i reinstalled WIn 7 on it and it was working fine, then i decided to buy a recovery disks to recover my machine to its factory settings because when i reinstalled Win 7 all the acer software was gone, even the recovery managment software.

Im wondering what the hardware problem means. 

• HDD driver?
    • BIOS settings?
    • SDD problem?

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I can't say for certain it is hardware, but that is generally what we see. You could try contacting Acer in your region to see if they can replace the media to see if the media may be the problem. Other than that, I would just be guessing at what the hardware problem could be. Unfortunately, other than trying new media or repair, I don't have many other ideas.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

First thing I would try is another HDD.

• dorjuela

I just got a 240GB SSD in replacement of the old HDD that came originally with the computer. and i still receiveing the same message requesting a disk number 3.

It is clear that the storage drive is not the issue.

Does anybody has other possible solution?

Thanks.

• Have you tried contacting where you got the recovery media from as Acer-Blayn suggested.

He is an actual Acer Tech and if he believes it must be the media, it probably is.

• dorjuela

I bougth this eRecovery from https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/ i will try to contact then again and bring up some information.

Thank you guys.

• Show then this thread.